Monday, March 23

Jennifer Lynn Mauger, 1973 ~ 1990.

I got an email from Autumn today with the 2006 hoax Amber Alert for "Ashley Flores".

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/ashleyflores.asp

The picture of the girl reminded me of Jennnifer Mauger, a highschool classmate who was killed in a bizarre shooting accident.

I loved Jennifer's hair, tanned skin, and cute, came-from-California, personality.

OK. I *might* have had a slight crush on Jennifer, and I very much loved her hair. :)

(Actually, my favorite picture of Lucia has her hair just the same. I'd say I have a thing for that style and color of hair. Even still today.)

*If* I did have a crush I was too introverted to have let anyone know, including her. I had been working up my courage to.

I was very saddened at Jennifer's death.

I think her older sister who was Kim's age was named Michelle. As I remember it, she was also cute.

A quick Google to confirm the spelling of Jennifer's last name, and it turns out there is a picture of Jennifer Lynn Mauger's grave-site. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~idbancem/mccamon_cemeteries/norton_cemetery/photo_surname_m/Jennifer_Lynn_Mauger.jpg

----
Funny, the old memories and emotions that a simple photograph can trigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home